Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thing 23 - Wrapping Up

Well, I have to say the 23 Things was quite challenging. My favorite part of the Web 2.0 Challenge was learning about podcasts and putting one on my blog. That was fun. My least favorite thing to learn about was Technorati. I found it not too user friendly and I'm not that into the "blogosphere" of public opinion. I'd rather have the hard facts.
I think the employees of the library would benefit from using wikis and web applications, especially for committee-type projects. Having so many branches, some quite far from others, would not be an obstacle when communication of ideas can be shared online as easily as if the people involved were all in the same room.
The Web 2.0 services that I shared with my friends and family were the ones that were fun and entertaining - Flickr, Scanning pictures, YouTube, and Podcasts (Odeo). Adding pictures and sound is more enjoyable than looking at words when it comes to learning something new. I think you are more apt to remember something when multiple senses are involved at the time the incident takes place or new learning material is introduced.

No comments: